WMBA.ORG

Westchester Mountain Bike Association
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:22 am 

About 5 hours clearing most of big beech tree that fell across top of Yang and across fire road in Blue Mtn and also making a rock armored crossing for go around near the trunk that sits over where previous rock work was. Also closing go arounds on Depew. Plus about 100 hours this spring and early summer, mostly on Essplanade and lower Yin after the new connector..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 pm 

Saw some of that work today. BIG THANKS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:01 am 

About an hour today (+Libor) clearing the downed tree/limbs on upper white and clearing out that fallen tree at end of red. Stream bed also armored and ready to rock.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 am 

Joy and I put an hour in each on the Beginner trail at Sprain on Monday, closing up mary lines, trimming branches and raking out the corners.

Then Burntoast and I did an hour each down on Tuesday at the south end making some rock bridges for log overs.

Bean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:55 pm 

About 15 minutes today. Cleared a clothesliner, hanging precariously over the first of 3 up and over rocks mid-No Way Jose.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:35 pm 

I'm not condoning the use of chainsaws in any of the County parks :wink:
but for those that need to transport fuel and travel light this might be the way to go :| . http://www.stihlusa.com/products/oils-- ... l/motomix/
premixed and no ethanol 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 am 

Trees down at Blue; prep for FTF, need a chainsaw for sure.

Riding blue early today I came across 1 tree down on Stinger from the upper sis approach; after the first descending segment the tree is at the bottom there. If you don't understand where, I'll get out there again and take a photo.

The other is on Chewbacca approaching from SIS. Once you begin riding Chewbacca after the first little climb right next to the other huge tree (wonder how many comments I'll get for that description) that fell a year ago, it's blocking the reroute from that tree.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 pm 

Graham Blue Trail in the backside right before the gravely little, steep climb. Mega Widow Maker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:48 pm 

doublenines wrote:
Graham Blue Trail Mega Widow Maker

If you're single and it takes you out what would it be called :?: :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 pm 

Before we forget: blazing trails at Blue, April 18-19.
Sat: Dave, TOC, Evan, Pete (4) * 5 hrs = 20 hrs.
Sun: ???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:02 pm 

Monkey C and Brian did a 2-hr ride and fallen-tree clearing on Sat, Sep-5. 2 workers * 2 hrs = 4 WMBA trail maint hrs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:57 pm 

doublenines wrote:
Graham Blue Trail in the backside right before the gravely little, steep climb. Mega Widow Maker

FYI- I took care of this^^ awhile ago along with clearing that tree down on Motorcycle and a headbanger on the blue trail.

Little icing on the cake threw this in on my way out :wink: ..Image
Wasn't really keeping track of the time. Not long, hit it and was out like a ninja.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:10 pm 

Awesome Torque, you rock! WMBA leverages this thread as evidence of the number of hours it has donated to the parks, which is why I try to keep it updated whenever work is done. This comes back to us as recognition as a key county park partner, which can be leveraged for continued mtb access, free time in the lodge, leniency on events, etc. Please post up the many hours you work in there - no need to be humble or conservative in this thread! Thanks for all you do!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 pm 

MonkeyC wrote:
Awesome Torque, you rock! WMBA leverages this thread as evidence of the number of hours it has donated to the parks, which is why I try to keep it updated whenever work is done. This comes back to us as recognition as a key county park partner, which can be leveraged for continued mtb access, free time in the lodge, leniency on events, etc. Please post up the many hours you work in there - no need to be humble or conservative in this thread! Thanks for all you do!

Thanks Pete. So you're saying I should milk it?
If I need to go in with a saw I prefer it to be raining= no one around to get in the way, it also affords me the opportunity to study the science of hydraulics in other words how water flows on the trail and how better to keep it off the trail. Countless trail maintenance/build hours Pete if you only knew.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm 

As a rule of thumb Pete, we should probably take all the recorded hours for everyone cumulatively, then double that number to get somewhere near half what torque puts in. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next