WMBA.ORG

Westchester Mountain Bike Association
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:42 am 

Blue Mountain will be closed to bikes on October 1st from 8am-2pm for a 5k/dog event. Please respect their use of the park and ride somewhere else that morning. If you're interested in doing a 5k with your dog more info can be found linked below.

http://hudsonvalleynewsnetwork.com/2016 ... -mountain/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:49 pm 

...and the following weekend the rotary club of Peekskill has it's horse show.

The Rotary Club of Peekskill will host its 46th Annual Horse Show and Country Fair Oct. 8 & 9 at the Blue Mt. Reservation in Peekskill. A Wells Fargo Stagecoach and team of four horses will offer rides out of the Old West while complementing western riding competition on Saturday.

Admission and parking are free and the show will go on, rain or shine. Competition and attractions will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

This is the only show in Westchester County with both English and Western riding classes. There are 28 Western classes with eight championships on Saturday, and 28 English classes with eight championships on Sunday. Riders from stables throughout the tristate area participate in the show.

Fair attractions include pony and hay rides, a country fair and craft market, bounce and slide rides for the children, and a “Kountry Kitchen” offering home-baked goods, pumpkins, apples and mums. In the food tent, Rotarians serve up burgers, hot dogs, chicken, sausage and peppers, fries, beverages, ice cream and pretzels. Breakfast is available for early-arrivers.

The highly regarded Masonic Safety ID Program offered by Courtlandt Masonic Lodge #34 will be offered again this year. The program provides parents at no charge with a CD including a child’s photo and background data to help law enforcement agencies more quickly recover a missing child.

The horse show continues to be the club’s main fundraiser, with all proceeds donated back into the community and to meet international humanitarian needs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:32 pm 

a few years ago the horse people tried collecting from people at the gate with bikes. Total BS.

Training Ride with Friend.......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:52 pm 

They try that again someone's gonna get a greasy bicycle headtube in their bed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am 

Note to self:
Don't cross Evan Corleone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:56 am 

"The sign outside says you're closed, I say you're open"