WMBA.ORG

Westchester Mountain Bike Association
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What do you think??
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 pm 

So it was a descent day to be on the trails... How did blue ride? Sorry about the wood at the bottom of esplanade .it got dark on us. Who wants to be a part of something fun? Lets maintain the trails.
Anyone up for repairing the rock bridges? Blue is a gem...pm for work days.
Blue Mountain Trail Riders.... lets do this. All inclusive and fun.

Maintain,ride and have fun!

Looking for new members

Post subject: Re: What do you think??
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:31 pm 

We make it happen! The trails are open because of us ....shhhh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:26 pm 

Are you in? Who wants fun? WMBA can do what they want, we will make it happen ... fun,maintain, all inclusive .... blue mountain trail riders. Ride and maintain= fun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:29 pm 

We do what the WMBA won’t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am 

Would you like to join us at one of our meetings? We'd be happy to have any motivated individuals to help out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 am 

Next meeting is scheduled for wednesday, April 18th 7:30pm. (pre-ride 5:30 weather permitting)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:17 am 

First of all, Thank you for the invite to a meeting. The above post was meant to be provocative and I apologize in advance if this is taken negatively. However, it may be editorial.

I think more could be accomplished out working on the trails than shaking hands across the table having a meeting (dilly dilly). Perhaps at a later time

I’ve made a conscious decision to have fun be a part of my life and one of the ways that I do that is by biking, the laughs, sweat and camaraderie with like minded people.

What is unclear; is what is the WMBA? If you look at the” About” section on the web site, it states that: efforts ensure well maintained, safe and environmentally sound trails for all. You take trail usage seriously. Really?? Looking from the outside this isn’t what is perceived. When was the last work day? All I ever seem to read is what you can’t do. If there is red tape, that is what the Association is for, to cut the red tape and get things done.
What’s tougher than finding the start of Debacle? The path to the WMBA and getting involved.

You have become an event planner and sell riding jersey’s. Don’t you think there are people out there that want to accomplish projects and make things better? Did the WMBA become to large with 3 parks to be involved with?
Sounds like there is success with the Yorktown trails crew, they get people to get out and get involved, what is their magic? Mad props to them for doing so!!

You are selling yourself short, do a nice job with the Fat tire fest, have a good turnout and then…that’s it! Don’t you think that some of the attendees want to be a part of the greater whole? What happened to the Chainstrecher? Fantastic way to show off the trails, highlight your Association and be involved with the mtn. biking community. That was a fun time, what will I do with my cowbell now?

Look at Fairfield County NEMBA, they focus on fueling stoke, building trails and have fun doing it, afterwards they have a cooler full of good ideas and a bbq socializing, planning trips and promoting themselves, encouraging others to get involved so they can continue on when life happens to active members ie: kids, marriage etc.
I’m a member of other MTB Associations, I see what they do but I can’t be as active in them as I would like to be because of where I live. They get together, talk bikes, build, maintain and ride. You might get 3 people to show up or you could have 30, then it’s a party! Bike shops show up, have bon fires, cook breakfast etc.

WMBA is nearby , the trails are awesome and people who ride, share the same passion but the Association seems to be anemic, to the point of having to take on the blow downs with rogue cronies because we knew that the power of positive thinking wouldn’t make that oak tree vanish, things would be laying there for awhile if action wasn’t taken and have been happy to do so! Many riders and walkers have thanked us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 am 

I am not going to debate this issue on the internet. What is needed is people to show up and actually volunteer to do this stuff. Its real easy to spout off on here and then go play with your friends and take a holier than thou position.

IF YOU DON'T PLAN TO SHOW UP THEN SHUT UP!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:55 am 

Thank you...Honestly,this is case and point of why I have little to what could be considered no interest now in the WMBA. Nobody is spouting off, just telling the truth. Good luck to you in your boys club...its so broken it can't be fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:54 am 

sawflyguy wrote:
Thank you...Honestly,this is case and point of why I have little to what could be considered no interest now in the WMBA. Nobody is spouting off, just telling the truth. Good luck to you in your boys club...its so broken it can't be fixed.

Dude, lets be honest, you were spouting off in your posts and you are being highly critical of WMBA. The WMBA can be vastly improved and all it needs is people to show up. A lot of us have moved on in life and no longer have time or interest to dedicate as in the past. Critical internet posts stating what you want other people to do are not the answer...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm 

Look, I did not want my posts to be taken personally, if its spouting...guilty as charged.I just wanted to start the fire to get things in flowing in a direction for the greater good of all those who enjoy biking.

Still believe more can be done in the field vs. having meetings. Perhaps I have gone about this the wrong way or what I am looking for is not available with the WMBA . It really doesn't impact me or my fun but the WMBA is missing out on my energy and enthusiasm that I will apply elsewhere. Thank you for your feedback and wish you a successful FTF.
I will not pollute the board with anymore posts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm 

Meetings have been posted publicly for some time. The point of meetings is to discuss actions, future initiatives, etc. We encourage new members and don't discriminate against anyone. You used the word "inclusive" in your first post - yet, you don't seem to want to be included, merely taking jabs at the club is the takeaway I'm getting. There is no doubt we can use enthusiastic people that have the time and initiative, why not be a part of that vs. some rogue group that may potentially create access issues by doing whatever they want to?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm 

I was going to post up about what a great job has been done at Blue & Depew..Thanks so much..amazing job..I wanted to help..but didnt get the memo..
I live near blue...and mostly ride blue..but my wife and I went over to help at Buckhorn and I have helped at sylvan and legacy because it was posted up..we want to help maintain our local trails..maybe sawflyguy has a point..not crazy about his approach..but we do need to setup trail maintenance days..I am in to help with anything..I plan to be at the meeting tomorrow and becoming more involved..looking forward to it..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm 

zipper wrote:
I was going to post up about what a great job has been done at Blue & Depew..Thanks so much..amazing job..I wanted to help..but didnt get the memo..
I live near blue...and mostly ride blue..but my wife and I went over to help at Buckhorn and I have helped at sylvan and legacy because it was posted up..we want to help maintain our local trails..maybe sawflyguy has a point..not crazy about his approach..but we do need to setup trail maintenance days..I am in to help with anything..I plan to be at the meeting tomorrow and becoming more involved..looking forward to it..

Hey Zipper - I remember you from the work days in Yorktown, thanks for the work there and for getting involved here, it is appreciated.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm 

Agree with Zipper - I want to be more involved. I'm a newcomer to the region and without knowing someone who knows what's going in on, I have no clue about anything happening.

I understand a lot of us do work on the fly and as we have time - which is great! - but not as great for building community and organizational presence. I'd love to be part of the solution and plan to be at the meeting tomorrow night.