WMBA.ORG

Westchester Mountain Bike Association
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Farrington 2morrow?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:53 am 

No lines or signs. AIG is the owner. It's a grey area as to exactly where the line is. Take the trail to the pond and take the left where the trail is closed. The new trail takes you to Hokey. That section is behind the hill so you're out of sight from Joe's Hill Road. Someone took out the bridge over the spillway, don't know who. The removal effectively stops anyone coming in from Joe's Hill Road. Do not park on Joe's Hill Road or ride Lawnmower since they are actively watching that area. There's a new trail half done on the alternate climb just after the second small stream crossing that should be completed soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:19 pm 

Well, the no trespassing signs are up and they are all over the place starting right at the entrance to the new (alternate) climb trail and then all over Hokey Pokey. Those signs were going up today while we were there, I could tell by the fresh footprints and dropped shiny nails on top of freshly rained upon ground. This means we can't even get into the Devils Den network either. At this point the only trails that are good are the original ones at the bottom.

It's too bad because I really enjoy riding there but I'm done with the place unless something changes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 pm 

Geez, you guys got me real bummed that I never made it over there to check them out. Guess I'll just have to stick with Walter Merritt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:11 pm 

Thankfully we are welcomed and encouraged to ride in Merritt and Cranberry. I truly love those trails, have been riding them for nearly 20 years now, spent many many hours building and maintaining them too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:43 pm 

Merritt is great. I've been riding there for about five years now. My buddy lives five minutes away. You guys do a great job with the trails and the view from the memorial makes you forget the hustle and bustle for a little bit.
I haven't ridden Cranberry yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:43 am 

Towards the top/Western extent of the trail network at the heavy duty wooden bridge go up to Stagecoach Rd. Exit the parking lot to the left and go about 1/4 mile and you will see the entrance on the right. There is a nice outer loop of double track that is growing in and becoming single track in a few spots. At one point you will come to a four way junction, take the steep up trail, that leads to a multi mile (super enjoyable) singletrack over the top of the ridge then drops down a long dh with a grind climb out in either of three directions. There is a new singletrack heading to an overlook at one point on the new land that the state acquired a few years ago but it's a dead end (afaik) at this point, eventually I hope it will go all the way down to Haviland Hollow Rd so we have another access point. There are splinter trails in a few spots to add distance to your ride, they all end at a main trail.

Between the two it's pretty easy to string together a 25+ mile ride without doubling back on more than a few short sections. A couple of times a year I'll go in from the bottom and do at least 15-18 miles utilizing both areas. You will be totally spent after a ride like this because the amount of climbing can be overwhelming. The bottom of Merritt is at about 350 I think and you top out close to 1300 in Cranberry and get to nearly 1200 a couple of times. Enjoy it!!

Last edited by gravitylover on Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:06 pm 

Thanks! I'm looking forward to checking it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:57 am 

FYI - http://lewisboro.dailyvoice.com/police- ... rk/670244/