WMBA.ORG

Westchester Mountain Bike Association
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:52 pm 

depends on if you are talking Hotlap or Saturday Faction Ride. Sometimes it is toughest to find the motivation to get out there for that hour blast. One of my Fav's at Blue is

From the Back Lot -

Dickey Brook
Lower Monster
All of Depew
On Your Back.

Back to the car in about an hour

Training Ride with Friend.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 pm 

lowendrick wrote:
So if I go from 13 to 2, where is the best place to park and what trails should I take to get to 13?

Here is a true beginner loop I like. You start from the main lot and is a good short introduction to singletrack:

30 minutes
1-4-5-7-13-16-17-15-14-3-2-return to lot

Or you could do something longer and still do 13-16-17-15-14-3-2-to return to the lot.

Depew is great too, but have no idea how to explain that route here.

Post subject: Re: Blue
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:00 pm 

Farty Fartmeister wrote:
I may be at Blue this aftnoon 4/4.30. Parking at Montrose St. road.
I'll show you arnd if you're there.

Thanks, I had a lot of fun and got a great workout. What a view from the spitz summit.

Your technical skills are insane!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 pm 

BillWiz wrote:
lowendrick wrote:
So if I go from 13 to 2, where is the best place to park and what trails should I take to get to 13?

Here is a true beginner loop I like. You start from the main lot and is a good short introduction to singletrack:

30 minutes
1-4-5-7-13-16-17-15-14-3-2-return to lot

Or you could do something longer and still do 13-16-17-15-14-3-2-to return to the lot.

Depew is great too, but have no idea how to explain that route here.

Oooh, thanks! I'm going to try that.

Post subject: intermediatish
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 pm 

so i'm heading to blue sometime this or next month. I'm riding with a fairly new rider and not sure what kind of route to take. I've only been to blue twice and thats all it took to know that it can be way to intense for his riding. i'd love to take him down the stingers to the switch backs and that whole fun route but what can i do before that. i remember both stingers being a lot of fun just not sure if i should run through that. I'd like to introduce and encourage this fucker and get him stoked on some fun single track. any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 pm 

Anybody have an idea of the distance/mileage for all of Stinger? And all of Myx Monster? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:28 pm 

Location: whistler city where the gaps are smooth and bikes are pretty
myx monster is about 2.5 i think or 3 miles. some where around there

screw the street i am gonna run the trails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:04 pm 

Tusker wrote:
Anybody have an idea of the distance/mileage for all of Stinger? And all of Myx Monster? Thanks!

Monster is 3 miles, Lower Stinger is 0.2miles, Middle Stinger is 0.5miles, Stinger is 1.1miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:51 pm 

Thx 6th!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 pm 

It has been a year since I have posted in this thread and its interesting to read back on my previous posts. I am definitely making progress and ready to take it up a notch.

I am curious to hear about riders' favorite trails that take you to the highest elevations at Blue. What climbs do you prefer and why? Whats easier? Whats more difficult? What results in the most fun descents?

When I was out the other day I experimented by climbing Rocky Glen to Lower and Middle Stinger. From there I got lost a bit and couldn't tell you where I was. I would like to get more familiar with the trails in the upper part of Blue.

As always, thanks for the generous info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:35 pm 

No matter what I ride before I love to end with Uppersis (clockwise), Sis, Chris cross, 2 live crew, and out. This route never fails to bring a smile on my face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:04 pm 

I agree with Riv
and would like to add that by continuing on with a right on Yang, crossover, climb lower SIS to Stinger all the way back to the lake-switchback and out, or drop most of the group at the lot and go back out onto Dickey Brook up to Monster, but you do the Depew trails instead because OK enough already.
Hey Lowen
To answer the question about preferences , asks another question, How do you feel? I usually need a really long warmup, so we will start on the Dickey Brook, Trail then up Limbo to YIN, by the time we finish that we are ready to climb up Yang, and all the rest.
One of my favorite climbs is up Monster from Depew-Im sure an opinion not shared by the majority, but I am not alone!
My advice, is to ride at Blue every chance you get with the map handy to reference at every intersection. The riding more important than the map. Then you can let us know which ones you like best.
Hope you had the map out while reading this stuff
:roll:
Lets get out there as soon as it either dry s up or freezes
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:04 pm 

David wrote:
I agree with Riv
and would like to add that by continuing on with a right on Yang, crossover, climb lower SIS to Stinger all the way back to the lake-switchback and out, or drop most of the group at the lot and go back out onto Dickey Brook up to Monster, but you do the Depew trails instead because OK enough already.
Hey Lowen
To answer the question about preferences , asks another question, How do you feel? I usually need a really long warmup, so we will start on the Dickey Brook, Trail then up Limbo to YIN, by the time we finish that we are ready to climb up Yang, and all the rest.
One of my favorite climbs is up Monster from Depew-Im sure an opinion not shared by the majority, but I am not alone!
My advice, is to ride at Blue every chance you get with the map handy to reference at every intersection. The riding more important than the map. Then you can let us know which ones you like best.
Hope you had the map out while reading this stuff
:roll:
Lets get out there as soon as it either dry s up or freezes
DD

OK THEN ...... :shock: huh>>>> DD you OK bro???? WTF is this ramble all about :roll:

CEDAR PRIDE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 am 

LMAO

Vocals, Percussion, Rhythm Guitar;Blue Mountain Ramblers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 pm 

Does anyone know when the parking lot opens at Blue? I usually do early morning riding starting 6-7am and wondering if the gates will be open or if there is alternative parking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next