WMBA.ORG

Westchester Mountain Bike Association
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am 

Excellent festival, and excellent, well-maintained trails! Had a blast. BA & me representing WMBA colors. Joe-Joe shined as everyone's mt bike pal - he knows everyone - and what a strong rider! The rocks beat us up pretty good, and we were all properly spent when we headed home. Never made it to the pump track, but definitely interested in getting back there again!

Dave, Joe-Joe & BA on our post-taco romp through bolderdash and other rock goodies:

We saw two black bear cubs actively running right along by the trails. Fun/scary - no mama in sight.

Adam took an awkward face plant after a wet roller - fortunately I to one of the only rock-free spots in the while place.

Lots of very cool forrest views. Here's one with thousands of sapplings that cover the views like wallpaper.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 pm 

Definitely a good time, I hadn't ridden there since 2008 and had totally forgotten how rocky it was there. Early on the rocks were slick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:26 pm 

Yeah good times, well organized event. First time there, could possibly be more rugged than both Ringwood and Waway (more baby heads, less flow), but maybe just need a few more rides there. Not a true face plant, more of a roll and splash into some loamy soil, so thankfully no harm done. Funny shot. Nice to see you guys out there. Also got to demo a Remedy 9.8 29 and really enjoyed it. May just be my next trail bike.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 pm 

Looked sketchy from behind. Was happy to see you pop up w a smile!

6thE - didn't see you there! Did you spot us?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:46 am 

Adam gave my girlfriend and I a ride over, we were doing a casual loop of the park while you guys watched Adam take dirt samples :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:28 am 

adkrop wrote:
First time there, could possibly be more rugged than both Ringwood and Waway (more baby heads, less flow), but maybe just need a few more rides there.

I haven't been to Ringwood but am happy it sounds like less rocks there. Serious amount of rock/gardens here. Never ending. Joe-Joe put it well, there is no meditating here, it's concentration. All the time. Some cool boulder features somewhere in there though, I have no idea where.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:44 am 

All three parks have no shortage of rocks, just felt like Jungle was tighter with less flow. But again, I know the other two very well and was my first time out at Jungle. Happy to show you guys around Ringwood or Waway any time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am 

Very well put together event. One of my favs in Jersey. The new extension is really cool. Did show up late and missed the advanced skills with Jeff Lenosky. But hooked up with some of the boys. Gotta love them rollers!

Jimbo and Bob combo rolling..(VIDEO)